Thursday, April 9, 2009

Excess Competition Is Your Number One Enemy On eBay!

Remember that. You don’t want to compete. You don’t want to be the tenth man in a nine-man show.

A lot of people think the opposite. They want to do what everybody else is doing. That is what's going to kill you on eBay. You have to do things differently, okay?

I set up this unique dropshipper. Because I had a pallet worth, I would keep track. I knew I wasn’t going to have the backorders and that was a wonderful thing.

These Are The Golden Rules Of Dropshipping:

Question: True or False: You should choose from the most popular dropship companies.
Answer: False!

Question: True or False:
You should sell the products that are very popular and are found everywhere.
Answer: False!

Question: True or False:
You want to copy others and sell what everyone else is selling.
Answer: False!

Question: True or False:
You should sell products that are hard to find in a retail store.
Answer: True!

Here’s the scoop about sourcing product for resale whether it’s dropshipped or not.
You want to do something that’s very hard to find in a retail store or that people have no idea is available in a retail store. That’s a little tricky, but sometimes there are items that you might come across that people have no idea that Wal-Mart or Target or Circuit City or Best Buy have.

If it’s something that you can sell for cheaper, then it works out really well. That’s what happened with the dehumidifiers. They're hard to find. I think Sears is the only place. You could probably get them from Home Depot or maybe at a Lowe’s in your area. They were refurbished so nobody could compete with the price for me. I was just selling these one after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment