eBay Selling Method #1: Dropshipping
What do we sell? First thing everybody wants to do is dropship.
Every day I get lots and lots of people asking me, “Mike, can you tell me what I can dropship? Where do you get MP3 players or DVD players or DVDs or vitamins or whatever. I want to dropship different items.”
You can understand why people get so excited about dropshipping. For those who don’t know what dropshipping is, it’s a form of selling where you never actually touch the product. You have a supplier who warehouses and ships product directly to your customer.
I’ll give an example. Suppose I'm going to sell lawnmowers on eBay. I find a company that dropships lawnmowers…
They say, “Mike, you can buy these lawnmowers for $100 each.” I go and advertise them on eBay with a Buy-It-Now price of $150 each. Somebody buys it from my auction. They send me $150. I put $50 in my pocket. I send $100 to my supplier.
Sweet!
I email the customer’s name and address to my supplier (and pay him $100), and he sends the lawnmower out to them via UPS. My supplier is happy, my customer is happy, I'm happy. It’s a happy world!
Dropshipping Is The ‘Utopia’ Of Selling On eBay. Why?
•It requires no investment in inventory.
•It requires no warehouse space.
•It requires almost no labor.
•All you're doing is e-mailing an address to somebody.
•You don’t touch the product.
•You don’t get dirty.
•It’s not much work.
•It is a wonderful way to make money on eBay.
Chances are, every single person here has spent a lot of hours looking into it. A lot of people say, “No, it’s impossible to make money dropshipping.”
Yet thousands of people are making money on eBay every day using Dropshipping.
So who’s right? Well, let’s find out the truth about it.
Here’s the typical scenario that we go through. You join a dropship supplier list.
You join this and you say, “I'm going to go to this big dropshipper because I know they're reliable,” which you want a reliable dropshipper, of course.
You go there and you say, “What’s a popular item on eBay? Oh, it looks like laptop computers are selling really well. Let me look at laptop computers or MP3 players or some popular item.” You're all psyched because you get the supplier and he has 100 different ones. You look one up and you're all excited and you go on eBay.
You say, “This thing’s awesome. It has a retail price of $200, and my cost is only $86 for it. I'm going to make a fortune on this! Woo Hoo!”
You go to eBay and look up the item and see its history and recently it’s selling for $85. You're thinking: “What? What in the world? It must just be this one item.” You do a second item and a third item; maybe you even keep going beyond that.
All these items are selling for the same price that you paid for them or maybe even less on eBay.
You get disgusted and you say, “Ah, it’s impossible. It’s impossible. There’s no way of making money. What a rip-off this guy was, or this information.”
Have you experienced that? I think most everybody who has done product sourcing can relate to that.
Now let me come straight out and say that dropshipping does work, if you do it right.
First, you need to make sure you don’t buy a useless “scam dropshipping list”. You need to a legitimate list.

No comments:
Post a Comment