Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Personal Dropship Story

I've dropshipped several different items on eBay. For example, one item is a dehumidifier. I've dropshipped over 1,100 of these on eBay. That’s over $125,000 in dehumidifiers.
At first glance, this doesn’t seem like a money-making product. You think, “Who in the world is going to buy a dehumidifier? How many people want a dehumidifier?”
It’s definitely not a hot item. Not only that, it’s a very heavy item. They weigh 50 pounds each. Who would buy them? Well, I've sold over 1,100 of them on eBay.
Now the funny part is, the supplier that I get them from is not even a dropshipper.
I'll explain…
The company that I get them from is actually a repair center where they repair and remanufacture dehumidifiers and other appliances. What happens is when somebody buys a dehumidifier and it breaks down or needs repairs or there's an engineering change, they all go back to the factory.
They remanufacture them and then they can't sell them as new, but they can sell as remanufactured which is really sort of good as new. Let me give you a little history of what happened. A while ago, there was an auction - an online auction for these dehumidifiers. I ended up buying 144 of these, twelve dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment